Test that Vox Freestyle Test that Vox Freestyle

pitching

The backing track was pretty sweet and the rap was nice too.
The vocals overall had everything right except your pitching which is pretty much the most important thing.
This could be a great submission if you just practiced your pitching more.

Try putting the vocal melody you have into a sequencer for something like piano and play it slowly singing along and making sure each note you sing blends perfectly with the sequencer and then try it at full speed making sure you're still hitting the notes right.

I struggle with the same problem but you'll be amazed at what a little practice can do for you.

Calliope Calliope

I doubt you've ever heard it but...

'La Villa Strangiato' by Rush has a section with the exact same melody that comes in at 1:07. like IDENTICAL.

What's The Reason What's The Reason

There's should be a ragtime only section

A genre so hugely mighty certainly deserves its own section and I'm very happy to see you putting this here in spite of the listeners' aversion to everything that doesn't go dum tish dum tish constantly.

Minoff responds:

The dum tish music does seem to be the main sort of music around, but there will (hopefully) always be people who apreciate this other genre

The Ballad Of Joseph K. The Ballad Of Joseph K.

Well written

The composition is clearly working, this is genuinely a mighty fine piece of music. But the only problem is the levels some things are so low that they're barely audible I don't know if it's the orchestration or what but that bass humm just cuts right through everything but the bells. For my own personal tastes (not that I've taken those into account) it's just a little too light fisted. Not enough conviction.
But these are just sound issues which you probably don't care much about the important thing is the music is damn good.

DanielMunro responds:

Thanks, and I'll look at balance more, although on both my computers I can hardly hear the bass.

SIDCHIP - Graveyard Groove SIDCHIP - Graveyard Groove

Groovy

Come on we've all played that game where the dead are coming to life and even though it's spooky for us they're having a great time. It's like this is a song for the dead not us. I imagine it playing out very well in a Video Game and to make this more spooky more than a mere instrumentation change is required, you could have zombies moaning this in four part harmony and it still wouldn't be spooky but that's not the point! Nice.

SIDchip responds:

True, it is quite a jolly tune. :-D
I hear the zombies love to put it on when they have people over.

Thanks for listening and for your comment.

Sid

SIDCHIP - Spilt milk SIDCHIP - Spilt milk

Loved it!

Sounds like some high tech King Crimson! Like Discipline or something like that! Yes!

SIDchip responds:

Hey thanks Ephersand!

Glad you enjoyed it. Really appreciate the king crimson reference, nice one!

Sid

Mario RPG - Try the Mushrooms! Mario RPG - Try the Mushrooms!

Kick ass

What software/samplers are you using sounds like those savage songs from Monkey Island!

International Accent Showcase International Accent Showcase

Mighty fine

You nailed what you probably think Irish people sound like because that's what they sound like on television. But the television is horribly, horribly wrong. Us
Irish really sound nothing like that. But that's not your fault I suppose.

Ninjkabat responds:

Oh, I'm very aware that my Irish accent isn't authentic. I have enough relatives from County Tipperary to know that. (Cashel's where the real party's at)

But most of the animators on this site (and most of the internet for that matter) are American, and as you've pointed out, Americans have a distorted concept of most accents thanks to TV. And since I'm trying to get mostly American animators to use my voice, and also because cartoons are about creating exagerated characatures anyway, I did the reading in my over the top, exagerated, manner.

To quote the legendary John Cleese, "I'm Fraunch. Why do you sink aI have zis outragious accant?"

But don't you worry; I know what you really sound like.

Rock outta bounds Rock outta bounds

Sweet riff

I love the main riff but the drum programming was a bit woeful and the solos were cataphonic but that main riff is only too slick.

DJ-Johnno responds:

ok well thx

[bk] Chocolate Rain [vox Rmx] [bk] Chocolate Rain [vox Rmx]

Harder than it sounds

I love the Vocorder sound, any chance if I wrote you a track you'd do that over it?